About the Breaking Ground book
As a pandemic and racial reckoning exposed society’s faults, Christian thinkers were laying the groundwork for a better future. This volume, written in real time during a year that revealed the depths of our society’s fissures, provides a wealth of reflections and proposals on what should come after.
Editors: Anne Snyder and Susannah Black
All prices are listed in USD.
- Publisher : Plough Publishing House (January 4, 2022)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 455 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1636080421
- ISBN-13 : 978-1636080420
- Item Weight : 0.812kg (1.8lb)
- Dimensions : 16cm x 23.5cm x 3.8cm (6.25in x 9.25in x 1.5in)
Praise for Breaking Ground
Breaking Ground is surely one of the most important and beautiful books of 2022, a book to cherish.
– Byron Borger, Hearts & Minds
“Breaking Ground is a masterful essay collection that wrings meaning out of a pandemic year.”
– Jeremiah Rood, Foreword Magazine
“I am going to recommend Breaking Ground to our book club. It offers an excellent opportunity to step back and, with the help of some wise observers, reflect on what we might learn from the memorable year we have just been through.”
– George M. Marsden, Francis A. McAnaney Professor of History Emeritus, University of Notre Dame
“In a time of unprecedented human and planetary crisis, Plough and Comment magazines are showing how Christianity can once again seize the cultural high ground. But as their collaborative Breaking Ground anthology shows, this can only be brought about by not neglecting the low ground, since cultivation is an integral affair. If you despair of the future, the writers represented here offer real prophetic hope.”
– John Milbank, University of Nottingham